Oven-baked Zucchini Sticks taste every bit as good as their deep fried brothers with only a fraction of the fat and calories. Serve with a side of your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
Prep: 20 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
½ cup All-purpose Flour
2 tbs. Cornmeal
1 teas. Salt
½ teas. Freshly ground pepper
1-½ lbs. Zucchini, about 3 medium sized, cut into ½ x 3-inch sticks
2 lg. Egg whites
Canola or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe provided by WebMD
- Oven “Fried” Zucchini Sticks (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- Baked Zucchini Sticks (momeefriendsli.wordpress.com)
- How big is your zucchini? (fourtoadore.com)
- Zucchini Fries (2birds1scone.wordpress.com)
- Chilled Salty Sweet Zucchini (baconandicecream.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Recipes (poorasfolk.wordpress.com)
- Fried Zucchini in Vinegar and Garlic (diplomatickitchen.com)
- Recipe of the Day: Zucchini Oven Chips (news.health.com)
- July 10 – Baked Zucchini Fries (contemptibleimpudence.wordpress.com)